Receiving is natural. It’s a positive and good thing. Taking (maybe with an agenda, recklessly or carelessly) is a different thing, but this often gets confused and the word “receiving” takes on a negative connotation because of it.
But, the truth is that it is natural and good for you to have what you desire, and when you put a “but” or judgments in front of or after your desire you energetically cancel it out.
If you say” this is how it has to be specifically” you limit your possibilities.
“I want to travel…
… I don’t have enough money to go.
… I have too much work.
… I don’t have anyone to go with.
DESIRE = BUT’S & JUDGMENTS =
The part you need to understand is that you only know what you know! You can not ‘specifically’ put something out there in terms of how you might receive your desire or reach your goal, because there may be many ways to do so that you are not even aware off. You may not know that you have to learn to feel abundant before you can travel in elegance. So the Universe is going to create opportunities for you to feel abundant. Most likely it will send you challenges that have to do with lack and your feelings of not being good enough. As you go through the challenges and learn to feel abundant, ways of you being able to travel in elegance will be created. Does that make sense?
The Universe/God/Source is here to support you in living a life you love. So in order to receive what you desire you have to declare that desire to yourself and commit to doing and being whatever it takes to manifest it. If you have a hard time receiving money, may this be as a gift or in the shape of actual payment for your services and/or talents, read my Huffington Post article HIDDEN MONEY VOWS ARE KEEPING YOU STUCK. Or if your issue is around receiving love, there is a great article by Randi Gunther Ph.D. on Psychology Today Why Can’t I let Love In? Maybe you are not always clear on what it is you desire. There is a lot of chatter going on in your mind, (Click to hear HOW TO STOP THE MIND CHATTER.) you feel exhausted and the thing you really want is hiding underneath all the mind chatter, or expectations from others. There’s a good chance you are confused about what it is you want because you have taken on the energetic clutter from people around you and you need to clear that energetic clutter and set boundaries to not let new clutter enter in.
Another secret to receiving is knowing you are worthy of all your desires. If you don’t think you deserve it, you put the breaks on everything that you feel unworthy off and the Universe stops creating the opportunities and lessons. You are saying to the Universe “I know I’m unworthy so don’t even bother because it isn’t going to happen.” I too struggled with feeling worthy and I got very frustrated in the beginning of my learning the “Law of Attraction.” It just didn’t seem to work for me no matter how much I did my daily affirmations, visualizations etc, but things still didn’t seem to happen for me. If you struggle with that, I also wrote an article for the Huffington Post THIS IS KEEPING YOU STUCK or check out the episode on Millennials & Money Cafe.
My personal”receiving training” started with being able to receive a compliment. Opportunities to say “Thank you,” are the beginnings of receiving more. This starts to broaden our perception of ourselves and lets us go of the old programming.
Here are 8 Steps to becoming a Better Receiver
1. Every time someone gives you a compliment say “Thank You!” and mean it. Take it into your heart like a precious gift. Don’t deflect by giving them a compliment back, changing the subject or arguing with them that it is nothing special. Just say “Thank You” and accept being uncomfortable in the beginning. You will see after a short while and several repetitions, you will be less and less uncomfortable and more and more appreciative of the compliment and yourself. Find out what other benefits saying “Thank You” has by clicking HERE. for this delightful excerpt by MS Shrader.
2. The more grateful you are for what you already have the more you will be receiving of the same. Instead of focusing on what you don’t have, be grateful for everything that you have, any situations, relationship, and, yes, even your challenges. They are helping you to grow and create more of what you desire in your life. Challenges give you an opportunity to let go of all your beliefs that no longer serve you and create new empowering beliefs about your worthiness, safety, lovability, and connection to all.
3. Know that you are worthy. Say “I AM WORTHY!” Everyday~all day until you know it’s true. The more you say it the more the Universe will reveal the truth of that statement. Watch! Know that it is your childhood programming that has you feeling unworthy, not good enough, disconnected and unlovable. It is not your truth.
It is not YOUR truth. The truth is you were born worthy and perfect and there is nothing you have to do, be or have that will take that away from you. Stop listening to old programming.
4. You are not creating alone. Give the burdens of the HOWS to the Universe/God/Source. It is conspiring to help you. Just help create by expressing what your desire is, not how you will get what it is you desire. Leave the HOW to the Universe and learn to receive by letting it help you.
5. Say “Yes” to experiences that show up even though they may not seem connected. Your thinking mind is so limited compared to Source’s abilities. Also, there are people who want to help you get what you desire. Money, which is energy, can show up in multiple ways and from multiple sources. Gifts, prizes, free stuff, inheritance, comps…etc. Be open minded.
6. Be committed to having what you desire in your life. Don’t give up on what you really want. Be happy creating your desires. Keep that vision in sight and do something every day to move towards it. Imagine having it already and how you feel in your body for 5 minutes a day. Ask Source to guide you to the right person, place or event and then stay aware of what shows up and follow the path of opportunities.
7. Use your intuition. Let your intuition, gut, inner guidance system guide you. Strengthen your relationship with your intuition so you completely trust it. Start asking Source questions, receive answers and then act on them. You have this gift, it may be buried deep inside you-but we are all born with it. Your intuition will help you make better decisions. Learn more on how to “Make your Intuition Work for You.”
8. Fall in love with yourself! This is not easy and is a life-long adventure. Every day find ways to love yourself more deeply. The more loving you feel, the more grateful you will feel for everything in your life. That loving energy will naturally attract more of what you love to you and then you can naturally receive it! The more you practice these steps the quicker you will start naturally receiving what you desire.
Practice Practice Practice!