I never made one of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking. ~ Albert Einstein
Intuition is the language of the soul. It is an inner knowing. It is one of the greatest gifts we possess, which keeps us connected to our higher selves, Source/God… and the universe.
We are all intuitive, yet we may have stopped using it.
I am so grateful for my intuition. It has helped me in every aspect of my life. Whether it guided me to not go into dangerous situations, how to get out of dangerous situations, what events to go to to meet the important people in my life, to finding my careers and mentors, as well as help me heal myself, intuition has become a steady and trustworthy companion.
I have never been let down for following my intuition, but I sure pay for it when I don’t listen to it!
Intuition can be experienced as a gut feeling, a hunch, an inner knowing, a whisper, in symbols, synchronicity of events, a book falling open to a message
that you needed to hear and many other ways. Learning to access and develop your intuition will grow your trust in it. You’ve got to use it or lose it!
To receive intuition you need to quiet your mind and let go of the things that distract you, so you can use your senses to perceive information around you.
What’s keeping me from using my intuition?
First, our culture in the US and other bustling cities around the world, have put more value on left brain, linear, and rational thinking.
We are taught what we can’t see is not real, only those things that can be measured and quantified matter. WRONG!
We have been brainwashed to value our thinking over our feelings which is limiting our view of the bigger picture of life and possibilities.
Second, too much noise and distractions are blocking our connection to intuition. When we are constantly having to be entertained by some sort of stimulation like YouTube, social media, selfies, TV, movies, music, video-games..etc we lose our connection with ourselves and nature. Daily noise and distractions suck away our time and ability to use our sixth sense and tap into deeper wisdom.
Third, we are disconnecting from Mother Earth. This is disconnecting us from our feminine. It is disrespecting the feminine creating bad habits all over the world. We are not listening to nature, to each other, to ourselves and we are lost in a senseless world of things that don’t have a heart or consciousness.
There is a movie called, Inn Saei, directed by,Kristín Ólafsdóttir and Hrund Gunnsteinsdottir, that I recommend you all watch. This is a documentary story of soul searching, science, nature and creativity. Inn Sæi takes us on a global journey to uncover the art of connecting within in today’s world of distraction and stress.
The name of the movie, Inn Saei, is the Icelandic term for intuition.
There are three components to their definition of intuition.
- The “sea within,” borderless nature of vision, feeling, and imagination
- To “see within,” to know yourself well enough to have compassion for yourself
- To “see from the inside out,” to have a strong inner compass, so you can navigate your forever changing world.
We are not in touch with how we know things anymore, we’re focused on the world we’ve made.
~ Marti Spiegelman, MFA and Shaman
How does intuition serve me?
- You become so tuned into your environment that you begin to flow in your life
- Attracts solutions to problems
- Helps you to see smart business choices
- It allows you to fulfill your purpose
- Helps you build relationships you can trust with people who care
- Leads you to your passions and the flow of living them
- Connects you to your feelings and trusting yourself more than anyone else
- Leads to innovations and creativity
- Leads you to healing opportunities and tools
- Keeps you safe and healthy
How do I grow my intuition?
- Start accepting and appreciating your sixth sense, your vibes, your intuition, your higher self
- Stop being distracted, get off your phones , computers and social media
- Build relationships on trust with people you can trust and who deeply care for you
- Get grounded by being in nature, gardening, exercising, bare feet in the grass, swim or shower
- Breathe slows us down to connect with the nonverbal energy around us
- Meditate and learn to quiet your mind
- Practice Being in the present moment
- Take good care of your body, it is like a radio tower
- Clear your energy field of other people’s energy so they aren’t filtering your information
- Play games like guessing who is calling or what number someone is thinking
- Listen to your body and give it precedence over your ego and thinking mind
- Listen to nature. What are you being shown or guided to experience? How does it relate to a challenge or idea you were experiencing before?
- Pay attention to your dreams
- Be prepared to fail, failure is part of your intuitive journey, it will get you into different patterns…
Your intuition is your best friend, it can save your life, make you money, grow your success and keep you healthy, and help build the life your soul desires.
Take one or two of the suggestions above of how to grow your intuition and start applying them in your life today.
As these new actions become part of your daily practice, add another new one and pretty soon, you will trust yourself and your Intuition more.
If you found this valuable please share it.
If you would like someone to help you grow your intuition I’m here for you.
Do you agree with what I said in this post? What is your experience with intuition? Please leave me comments and continue the conversation below.