Let’s change the old impression we formed about being a sensitive person as high maintenance, shy, and overly emotional person.
I’d love for you to help me by beginning to reframe your beliefs about your own sensitivities into strengths and gifts which I call your SuperPowers.
Your sensitives are not meant to blend in, but to stand out and reveal what you feel, see, sense, and know that the other 80% of the population aren’t experiencing.
You have the SuperPowers of a SuperHero.
You can feel what is around you without seeing it. You are a better thinker and decision maker, because you feel and care deeply. This ability helps you if you’re a parent, teacher, coach, therapist, leader, counselor, healer, innovator, pioneer, creative…
Self-Care as an Empath:
- Train yourself to stop reading energy all the time. Give yourself breaks and you don’t have to isolate to do this.
- Find Peace and Calm throughout the day
- Frequently, check in to see what you are feeling and see what you need.
- Check in to see if what you are feeling, emotions and pain is yours or someone else’s
- Put up an energetic screen to help you keep other people’s energy at a distance and not take it on as your own
- Regularly release any energy not your own during the day
- Stay grounded in your body
- Set healthy boundaries, don’t make other people more important than you, it’s disempowering.
- Practice compassion and rigorous self-care
Self-care allows you have the capacity to help others. Be a role model.